[TenTec] possible power supply for Herc II?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] possible power supply for Herc II?
From: Peg Haese KB9LIE <kb9lie@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 08:26:49 -0700 (PDT)
I have an Omni V rig and HERC II amp with the companion 9420 power supply. They
work great.

Paul K9OT liked it so well he got another Herc II but no PS. Now we have found
a used Audio Authority Model 978-100 switching power supply. Will this work
okay for the second HERC II which would be used for a Corsair II or possibly
other rigs?

The fellow selling it uses them for a VHF repeater system. He says it may need
filtering for HF but didn't have any details. Does anyone know if this will
actually work out and what to do, or should we look elsewhere?

73 de Peg KB9LIE in sunny SW Wisconsin USA