Re: [TenTec] Omni V and 705 Mic issues...

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni V and 705 Mic issues...
From: John Callari <john@callari.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 19:04:20 -0400
Bob:

I'm using a Shure 450.  When I set the Omni to "VOX" and lock the PTT
bar on the mic, everything works
normally...  VOX triggers on speech and modulation is present.  Works
fine.  When the Omni is set to "PTT"
the PTT bar on the Shure 450 does nothing.  But, if I connect a switch
to the PTT RCA jack on the back of the
radio, I can trigger PTT without any issues.

When using the Ten Tec 705, I CANNOT have the Omni set to PTT and the
Mic set to PTT at the same time.
The OMNI's receiver drops out completely (dead silence) and when the
PTT button (grey on the 705) is
depressed, the mic is active and there's modulation on speech
patterns.   But the receiver does not become
active again (dead silence, the AF knob is not off).

But, when the 705 is set to VOX and the Omni is set to VOX, the PTT
triggers the mic and VOX works normally.

It seems that something is wrong with the PTT as controlled via the
PTT/VOX button on the face of the radio.

Thanks for the help!

John
K2JNC