Re: [TenTec] Omni V and 705 Mic issues...

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni V and 705 Mic issues...
From: John Callari <john@callari.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 17:50:46 -0400
Alrighty...  almost a week later, and I've solved a few minor glitches.

The PTT/705 issue has been resolved.  The 705 was stored for a while
with a 9V in place.  The battery popped,
and took the NPN transistor with it.  Without that transistor
functioning, the 705 is a mess.  Confirmed with Ten Tec
service.  Problem solved...  mic is aside for future repair or parts.

The Shure 450 had a non-functioning PTT switch.  So, that was like
adding insult to injury.  PTT switch has been
replaced, and that mic is now working perfectly, both in PTT and VOX
mode.

The Omni V was not to blame, instead TWO faulty mics.

Thank you to all who offered help and suggestions...  A little bit of
remedial troubleshooting on my part identified the
problems...  should have done that before emailing here.

Thanks!

John
K2JNC