[TenTec] Ten-tec 962 ps problem problem

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Ten-tec 962 ps problem problem
From: Phillip Zminda <phil-z@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 20:54:02 -0400
Over the weekend my 962 supply for my Omni VI blew the ac fuse every
time I turned it on. I expected that the bridge rectifier could be the
problem. When I opened it up, I found that the bolt holding down the
filter board was loose leaving the bridge without a heat sink. I
haven't  unsoldered the bridge but expect that it's the likely
problem. Has anyone else experienced blown fuse problems with the 962?
Also, is this a part I can but from Ten-Tec without buying an entire
board? If not, does anyone know the specs for a direct replacement?
Since it's a holiday weekend, there's no chance to call Ten-Tec until
Tuesday.

For me, if anything every breaks around the house, it's on a holiday.
I've had furnaces go out, dishwashers, stoves and any other number of
appliances go out on Christmas, July 4 or Memorial Day. This must be
my 2009 holiday breakdown.

Thanks for any input.

Phil N3ZP