[TenTec] Is it time to talk Orion firmware AGAIN????

To: Ten-Tec Reflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Is it time to talk Orion firmware AGAIN????
From: Rick W <ve7tk@yahoo.ca>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 12:14:36 -0700 (PDT)
Well it has been almost 4 months (May 2009) since the release of, what some
cynically refer to as, the Dayton 2009 Hamfest "Beta" firmware for the Orion.
I, like many more, dutifully sent in a bug report to DitsnBits.  (I even
received an automated reply.)

There have been some major changes at the mother ship since May with a new VP
(Jim Wharton - NO4A) and the former VP/Engineering-Software/Hardware (Gary
Bardour - AC4DL) relocating to Florida where he's "writing control software and
doing design work for the company’s Amateur and commercial /military radio
lines."

So now the annual Ten-Tec Hamfest is scheduled for September 25/26.  It begs a
couple of questions:

   1) Will we see a Ten-Tec Hamfest "Beta", alpha or final release of the
firmware?

   2) Will we get an authoritative report on the Orion firmware's status from
Ten-Tec officials? (The Product Status page is extremely stale..)

If answers to these questions aren't forthcoming will the visitors to the
Hamfest PLEASE hold Ten-Tec's feet to the fire and find out what is happening
to the Orion firmware.

Thanks - wish I could be there!

73,

Rick