Re: [TenTec] modifying ten tec scout modules for different frequencys

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] modifying ten tec scout modules for different frequencys
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@gti.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 09:17:32 -0400
John, it's probably easier to build an outboard receiving converter,
than to modify an existing Scout module. I'd prefer to leave the module
intact, unless I had a scrap one. Scout modules have become scarce.
Plans for LF converters abound in various publications.

Mike: Yes, crystal control would be the way to go, especially since the
second harmonic of the PTO would fall in the 5 MHz band. However,
crystals have gotten costly, and again, we wouldn't want to destroy an
original working band module.

Some people buy a second Scout just to get the band modules that they need.

                        73,

                        Bob WB2VUF