[TenTec] ORION 1 upgrade to 2.063xg

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ORION 1 upgrade to 2.063xg
From: John Chance-Read <johnchanceread@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 13:10:52 +0000 (GMT)
I have successfully upgraded the Orion 1  - thanks to Walt, Rune, Billy and
John's helpful hints.
Initially I still couldn't get the instructions I wanted but after trying a
previous upgraded, which gave those instructions, I then found that 2.063xg
also gave them -  it was so easy - brilliant.
I note the following changes on the spectrscope (a) there is no longer a choice
of bandwidth (b) the difference between noise and S9 is a considerable clearer
display (c) use of the PreAmp noticeably changes the height of the display.
Question - is the Spectrum Scope now sensing further up the chain.  I
understand originally it was only looking at the signal into the RF stage ?
Are there any other significant changes ?
Thanks you all for your help.
john G4BOU