Re: [TenTec] Final Firmware O2

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Final Firmware O2
From: Bill Rowlett <kc4atu@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 23:04:30 +0000
>From what I have seen in the past, Ten Tec does read this list and has
>responded to questions. If they did not respond to your thoughts, well, I
>quess they had a different opion than you.

The software person went further south to warmer weather, put I saw somewhere
that he will still write software upgrades as needed and will be involved in
future development.

All rigs have their cheerleaders, they just seem to be more vocal here.

Which rig is better is a personal thing that only the person involved with the
useage can make. You use what you like and what works for you. At my age, my
ears are not as good as they were before, so comparing numbers does nothing for
me.

73,  Bill  KC4ATU

> From: k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com
> To: tentec@contesting.com
> Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 12:16:13 -0800
> Subject: Re: [TenTec] Final Firmware O2
>
> On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 15:03:43 -0500, w4wst@cox.net wrote:
>
> >I wouldn't feel it appropriate to frequent the ELECRAFT site with
> >constant comments as to why my O11 is better than a K3.
>
> I specifically said that I was posting to correct mis-information in
> earlier posts with this subject line.
>
> Gee, I didn't know that the purpose of this reflector was
> cheerleading for Ten Tec, or making Ten Tec owners feel that they
> had made the right buying choice. I'm here because I've owned two
> Ten Tec transceivers in the past, currently own five Ten Tec power
> amps, need to keep up with what's going on with those products, and
> offer what I can from my experience. Cheerleading is nowhere on that
> list.
>
> On the other hand, I have, on several occasions, made suggestions to
> Ten Tec management on how they could improve their customer support.
> Unfortunately, Ten Tec doesn't seem to be listening here (which is
> one of their problems).
>
> 73,
>
> Jim K9YC

Find the right PC with Windows 7 and Windows Live.
http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/pc-scout/laptop-set-criteria.aspx?cbid=wl&filt=200,2400,10,19,1,3,1,7,50,650,2,12,0,1000&cat=1,2,3,4,5,6&brands=5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16&addf=4,5,9&ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_evergreen2:112009