Re: [TenTec] It the 715 speech processor for my Omni C?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] It the 715 speech processor for my Omni C?
From: d.e.warnick@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 20:32:02 +0000 (UTC)

You'll love the 715 with an Omni C.

Dave

WA3MKB

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ivin Flint" <ivinflint@yahoo.com>
To: tentec@contesting.com
Sent: Sunday, November 15, 2009 1:15:43 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [TenTec] It the 715 speech processor for my Omni C?

I have been looking at the TenTec 715 speech processor on the Ten Tec web site
and now saw a review on it in the latest QST.  From what I read it would be
very effective on a radio that does not already have speech processing in the
transceiver.

I wonder if it would be effective in my Omni C?  I use a Electrovoice 606 high
impedance mic.  The article says it takes any microphone with a impedance of
50kohm or less so I guess there is one problem.  The hook up cables from the
rig to the processor sound like none are made for the stereo plug mic jack in
the Omni C.  I think the manual of the Omni C calls for a high impedance mic so
maybe this isn't really for the vintage that I use.

I though bringing it up here might help more than just myself.  Any ideas?

Ivin W9ILF