Re: [TenTec] Centurion 422 Amp HV - 2800 V S/B 3100???

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centurion 422 Amp HV - 2800 V S/B 3100???
From: Stuart Rohre <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 16:26:22 -0600
Gary,
Anohter thing you could do, if the regulation is the bad type you get on
the end of an AC line; is invest in a whole house voltage regulator to
follow the load shifts.   Keeps from burning out the lights so often.
I am about to replace the first lamps in three years, having finally had
a lot of usage in wide termperature extremes weather and dark days such
that I had some of my 130 volt 60 watt lamps burn out in 3 lamp
fixtures.   I was getting barely a year with 120 volt lamps.  I would
say I get about 3 times the service with 130 volt lamps but do not pay 3
X as much as 120 volt lamps.

Keeping the voltage centerlined or even on the low side extends the life
of your motors, lamps, heating elements, etc., but keeping from having
surges is even more important to long appliance lifetime.

Good luck,
Stuart Rohre
K5KVH