Re: [TenTec] Omni VII Query

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VII Query
From: Val Erwin <valerwin@att.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 14:36:23 -0800 (PST)
Ron:

Not to worry...........the rig was seeing 50 ohms but only when I had the
external tuner tuned to indicated so. I had my sensor mounted directly at the
output of the Omni VII. The sensor is a part of the NYE RFM-003Power Monitor.

Obviously, I was merely using the antenna tuner to intentionally introduce a
small mismatch back into the Omni VII.............dats' all......

Bottom line is that the Omni VII SWR indicator is a relative indicator
only..........probably the same when the menu is reset from SWR to Power....Of
course, my original posting had NADA to do with the SWR reading but actual
measured RF power output from the Omni VII with both multiple
Birds/oscilloscope......85 watts.

Val a.k.a. W5PUT