Re: [TenTec] Omni VII Query

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VII Query
From: Val Erwin <valerwin@att.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 08:06:19 -0800 (PST)
Good Morning Group.......

Regarding my earlier E-mail (below)  to the group on my low RF power output
(85W) from my Omni VII, I have determined the following after trying several of
your furnished thoughts/ideas:

* One of you suggested that one of the Molex pins in the DC power connector
cable might be a little loose and causing a voltage drop. Sure nuff', the
positive pin was slightly deformed and the pin was replaced and power increased
but only by appx. 3 watts.

* I contacted Stan Brock at T-T via E-mail and he advised I contact Garry
Green, the tech at T-T that works on the Omni VII.

* This morning, I spoke with Garry Green on the phone and he advised me that
early on in production, several Omni VIIs went out the door with the RF power
set on the low side. (This does not explain why mine measured 105 watts when it
was new.) Garry explained that if I would send in my Omni VII, he will reset
the power output. He also explained that there is not a single control that
sets the RF power output. As it turns out,resetting the RF power is not all
that simple as the operation is contained within software/firmware and requires
setting the RF power on EACH band!

Thus, I will send my Omni VII back to Garry at T-T after the XMAS package
traffic rush dies down.......using my Jupiter in the interim.....

TNX AGN for all your ideas.......

Val / W5PUT