Re: [TenTec] Renew License

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Renew License
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 11:28:48 -0600
On Thu, 2010-01-14 at 11:01 -0600, A. B. Lyles wrote:
> I have been inactive lately in amateur radio.   However I use my license
> to fly RC airplanes on 50MHz.
>
> My license expires on 2-23-2010.   I am no longer a member of ARRL.
>
> Any hints or suggestions on how to go about renewing my license would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> A.B. Lyles
> Alyl@amaonline.com
> KD5JGR--General

5yi will do it for a fee. FCC will do it but they've made it more
complicated. Any local volunteer testing group can do it. It was really
slick last time I did it through the ARRL.

Basically you need the renewal form and to send it in. Might be
available to download from the FCC or ARRL web sites and would be on
hand with the VEs. You may also need a new FCC number that takes another
form. Look up your call at QRZ.com to see if you have that FCC number.
You can probably renew through them too.

73, Jerry, K0CQ