Re: [TenTec] Problem with Orion 2 driving an Ameritron 811H Linear

To: "'Ron Castro'" <ronc@sonic.net>, "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Problem with Orion 2 driving an Ameritron 811H Linear
From: "Duane Calvin" <ac5aa1@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 18:17:09 -0600
Not sure what the problem could be.  I run my Orion into an Alpha 99 and can
run any power I like from about 200W through 1500(+) by just turning up the
"Power" level (once it's tuned at full power).  Works fine.  Run clean RTTY
and SSB.  How much power does your Orion 2 produce while running SSB?  Could
it be that your power from the rig is somehow running considerably lower
than you think?

        73, Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas