Re: [TenTec] Problem with Orion 2 driving an Ameritron 811H Linear

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Problem with Orion 2 driving an Ameritron 811H Linear
From: "Duane Calvin" <ac5aa1@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 18:52:09 -0600
Hmm, OK, now I'm stumped.  I ran my Omni VI+ driving a Centaur (also an 811A
amp, but by TenTec), and later driving a Centurion (pair of 3-500Z's).  The
811A amp required a lot more care, but I had no problem driving either of
them to full power (the output section of the Orion is the same as the
earlier Omni VI's).  My Orion had no problem with either the Centurion or
with my current Alpha 99, so I guess I'm stumped here.  BTW, none of these
amp lashups for me required an ALC line between the amp and rig.  All have
run clean SSB and RTTY.  Not sure I know where to go from there.

        73, Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas
www.ac5aa.com