Re: [TenTec] Older Argonauts

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Older Argonauts
From: geoffrey mendelson <geoffreymendelson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 21:41:59 +0200
On Mar 10, 2010, at 9:26 PM, Hulett, Russell wrote:

> After becoming interested in the older QRP rigs, I bought an
> Argonaut 505.  Am surprised there isn't a group of folks owning the
> 505, 509 and 515 rigs to chat with about troubleshooting, repair, etc.
>
> Are there any Argonaut enthusiasts on this list who enjoy ragchewing
> about these old rigs?  Hate to bug the folks on Dolly Parton Pkway
> with questions about 40 year-old QRP gear.

There are a few of us on this list. I have a 509/405 combination. I
don't know much about the 505, but I'm sure there are plenty of people
who do here.

While you are waiting there are a few interesting Argo 509 videos on
YouTube. There may be 505 ones, but to be honest I never looked.

If you don't have a manual, here is a link to the official Ten Tec
download:

http://radio.tentec.com/file_download/139/Model+505+Argonaut+Owner+Manual+AA.pdf

73,

Geoff.