Re: [TenTec] Troubleshooting Titan 425 Problem

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Troubleshooting Titan 425 Problem
From: "Doug Ferguson" <thenewt@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 14:41:25 -0700
Art,
I am eagerly awaiting the return of my 425 after a $1200 repair bill from
Ten-Tec.  Mine kept blowing
fuses every few months and after replacing them, everything seemed fine.
However, this last time,
something happened to the input circuit which presented a high SWR to my
Transceiver even though my
output and everything else seemed normal.  I could find no burnt components,
bad connections, etc. so
just decided to send off for repair.  As it turned out, there was an
occasional short to the case which
ended up ruining the T/R switch and the power transformer!!
Lesson learned:  if fuses blow, there could be a reason other than just poor
operating.
If you do decide to replace them, make sure you've checked every possible
inch of the amp for burn marks,
especially the case.
Good luck,
Doug - N7NM