Re: [TenTec] Troubleshooting Power amps in general

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Troubleshooting Power amps in general
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 00:31:14 -0700
That's probably right, but.....

My 425 blew fuses three times.  Once when the plate transformer shorted,
which almost all of them eventually did.  Another when the bias board blew,
probably from lightning damage.  The third...and this is the odd one...the
disc ceramic capacitors on the high voltage meter voltage-divider board got
too close to the cabinet at arced over.  I replaced the caps with better
ones and made damn sure they were not touching the chassis.  No problems
since!

            Ron N6IE
       www.N6IE.com