Re: [TenTec] Troubleshooting Power amps in general

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Troubleshooting Power amps in general
From: "Jim Brown K9YC" <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 20:51:40 -0700
On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 17:57:27 -0600, Dr. Gerald N. Johnson wrote:

>There are several possible failures that will blow the fuses. Blowing
>more fuses won't fix the failure and may damage more parts.

Based on my experience with three Titan 425s over six years, I'd say you are
being FAR too alarmist. I would only open it and start troubleshooting if a
replacement pair of fuses blows more or less right away. It is NORMAL for
these fuses to blow every six months or so, and at unpredictable times, and
for reasons unrelated to the power amp.

73,

Jim K9YC