Re: [TenTec] omni 6 plus

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] omni 6 plus
From: Barbara Maloney <ac5p@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 17:57:05 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Jeff,  Looks like you are loaded for CW contesting.  I got my 6+ Nov.'02
with Inrad filters #750 and 751 and 753 for the 9MHz IF.  I have always thought
they were 500 and 250Hz replacements for the TT roofing filters?   I seldom use
the 250 or the 2nd 500Hz filter(N1). You are gonna like it if you are a serious
CW opr.  I did not like the 962 PS as it ran too hot and the speaker was
p-poor.   With a good efficient supply and a decent speaker, the audio is
great.  Just keep the IC amps below 20.  The NR dsp is very effective on weaker
CW sigs to improve the s/n ratio.  My s/n is 02A10458 made in Feb. 99.
Dont know what they go for today, probably around $1000.   You would have to
spend over twice that amount to get a rig that would match it on CW.  My 2cents
worth.
73, Mike/ac5p