Re: [TenTec] PTO grease

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] PTO grease
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 23:05:32 -0600
I'm quite aware of TriFlow. Its not grease. I have a can within reach of
this computer and I've used it to relubricate sleeve bearing computer
fans. I'm not terribly pleased with the long term results. Short term
have been good, long term (over a few months) the fans have slowed again.

The grease that came from Tentec was NOT TriFlow. And in my CorsairII
the race and small shaft that come as replacements were seriously worn.
To the point that as the frequency went lower the spring tension was
more than the drive could overcome.

There was a different bicycle shop grease recommended on one forum that
I searched out yesterday.
http://dayton.contesting.com/archives/html/tentec/2000-06/msg00132.html

It would be handy if Tentec would specify the qualities of the grease
they prefer by characteristics or by brand and number.

73, Jerry, K0CQ