Re: [TenTec] help in soldering pl259 outside

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] help in soldering pl259 outside
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 20:02:49 -1000
:
>     I was out side yesterday
> in 60 degree temp and had a very diffucult time soldering on some
> connectors .
I must admit I have done various kinds of antenna system soldering
outdoors, including PL-259s. Yet it occurs to me that the whole point of
using connectors for coax, or any other kind of cable, it so that the
connections can be made quickly and easily, where the connectors need to
be plugged in, AFTER the tedious and detailed work of putting the
connectors on the cable is done inside the shop, with the aid of good
lighting, clamps or vices and a nice work surface.

DE N6KB