Re: [TenTec] Marriage of Flex 5000 and Orion 2

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Marriage of Flex 5000 and Orion 2
From: "David W LeJeune, Sr" <lejeuned@centurytel.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 14:50:35 -0500
Give me a day to complete the install doc and take some pictures of the
minor mod to the orion 2. I installed a short piece of coax from the ant
input from the Orion subreceiver antenna input board to the 'spare' RCA jack
on the back of the Orion.  You can then run a piece of coax from this RCA
jack to the Flex 1500, providing a switched input to the 1500.  When the
Orion is keyed, the Orion switches the input to the subreceiver to ground.
Its either do it this way or provide an external way to switch the antenna
to the 1500 to ground when you key the Orion.  Easier to explain with
pictures.

Dave WN5V