Re: [TenTec] Jupiter Solid Aluminum Main Tuning Dial

To: geraldj@weather.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter Solid Aluminum Main Tuning Dial
From: David Goncalves <davegoncalves@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:36:51 -0400
You have it right...compared to the forces applied to the encoder from the
user (hanging your hand on the knob waiting for the other guy to stop
sending CQ, cranking through the band using one finger, etc) the additional
forces from the aluminum knob. I made a quick measurement here with
something similar, and got numbers within 50-80% of the loading
specifications. I wouldn't have a problem replacing the plastic with the
metal one, as long as it looked nice enough.

Not an experience I have enjoyed yet - all my TenTec stuff is either
computer control or PTO. I'm saving up my pennies, though!

David Goncalves
W1EUJ

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Dr. Gerald N. Johnson <geraldj@weather.net