Re: [TenTec] soldering pl259

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] soldering pl259
From: Ben Hall <kd5byb@kd5byb.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 16:24:21 -0500
Hi John,

I have a 175 watt Hexacon unit (very similar to an American Beauty -
American made, heavy, etc...) that will solder PL259's without a hitch.
  In fact, I recently soldered a PL259 onto some RG213 coax that I'm
using with the Ten-Tec Scout here.

I'd say that a 250 watt unit would do just fine and might be a little
overkill.

thanks and 73,
ben, kd5byb

Ben Hall, kd5byb@kd5byb.net - ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED.