Re: [TenTec] K2

To: "Ten-Tec Reflector (Ten-Tec Reflector)" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] K2
From: "Jim Brown K9YC" <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 16:52:14 -0700
On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 17:20:36 -0400, Ron Notarius W3WN wrote:

>I'd like to solicit some opinions.

As others have noted, the K2 is a very nice radio, it's modular, and
what it does depends on what modules are part of it. You should clarify
that before you begin talking price. There is a power amp module, an
SSB module, a 160M module, a Noise Blanker module, an analog audio
filter OR DSP audio filter module, a 10W or 100 W antenna tuner module,
and a serial interface module.

I've owned two K2/100s and used them for contesting. I've since
upgraded to nicer rigs for that, have sold one, and am keeping the
other one for emergency use.

One of the things you want to ask the seller is the serial number of
the K2 and what modifications/updates have been done to it. All K2s
were kits.

73,

Jim K9YC