Re: [TenTec] wither CW

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] wither CW
From: David Goncalves <davegoncalves@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 09:26:09 -0400
It is funny to me that fans of CW think their mode is dying because it is no
longer mandatory. Also it's funny that some apocalyptic communications
failure usually comes up in the rationale for somebody to pickup the code.

I'd say that it's fun challenge, kinda like playing the piano - that it is
easy to make your own radios for, and it can be very easy to talk to people
who don't speak English. The bands and the sales of CW-only kits and
keys would suggest the opposite of the death of the mode.

Besides, we all know it'll be 2M FM and FRS that'll be there when the bomb
drops.

David Goncalves
W1EUJ