Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec 411 Centaur Amp Problem

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec 411 Centaur Amp Problem
From: "Kris Merschrod" <Kris@merschrod.net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 14:14:43 -0400
Rick,  Thank you - I'LL ANSWER THE QUESTIONS IN CAPS.

Kris KM2KM

> Need more info:
>
> 1.  Have you tried it on a dummy load?  If so, was it OK, or also 375w on
> 40m?
YES, SAME PROBLEM

> 2.  Did this suddenly occur, or has it always been this way?  Or is it new
> and being tried first time?
IT HAS BEEN THIS WAY FOR A LONG TIME.  ABOUT FOUR MONTHS AGO I REPLACED THE
TUBES WITH A MATCHED SET - SAME PROBLEM

> 3.  What transceiver are you driving it with?
TEN TEC DELTA II

> 4.  What is the SWR between the transceiver and the Linear on each of
> these
> bands?

BINGO   3:1  ON 40 METERS NO SWR ON THE OTHERS  WHEN IN LINE WITH THE AMP ON
AND TUNED UP

> 5.  What is the output of your transceiver on each of these bands?  (If
> it's
> down on 40, then the issue is not the linear).

OK, IT IS CUTTING BACK B/C OF THE SWR

> 6.  Assuming this has suddenly occurred, and it was previously working
> correctly, carefully examine the settings of the Tune and Load controls.
> Have they changed significantly from their settings when it was working
> properly?

MOOT QUESTION NOW