Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec 411 Centaur Amp Problem

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec 411 Centaur Amp Problem
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 18:21:55 -0500
There is no input bandswitch. There are no bandswitching relays. There
is a low pass filter and a resistor. The stock lowpass in the manual
cuts off to prevent use at 11 and 10 meters. The 10 meter option changes
that low pass filter, I gather, but the details are not in the owner's
manual (per FCC regulations). There is nothing overtly frequency
sensitive unless there are bad solder connections or board grounding for
that filter.

I made my first post (like you) without consulting the manual. A pdf of
that manual now resides on this computer. The tuner test is legit. Ad
worthwhile test.

Soldering 12 gauge wire and 25 watt resistors might work better with a
100 watt iron, a 50 watt iron may cool off so fast it gets soldered to
those parts.

73, Jerry, K0CQ