Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec 411 Centaur Amp Problem S-O-L-V-E-D

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec 411 Centaur Amp Problem S-O-L-V-E-D
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 13:43:12 -0500
I presume that TenTec has an FCC approved mod given out only to licensed
hams that substitutes a different filter or your jumper. That series
tuned trap in the present filter is probably resonant at 27 MHz to be
sure it can't be driven easily on that band. The book also says the
plate tank needs a modification for 10m. FCC rules preclude making that
information generally available. Tentec may have to see a copy of your
license.

The scematic shows a pi while there are three coils in the pictures.

Time to call tentec.

73, Jerry, K0CQ