Re: [TenTec] Orion 2 Firmware 2.043B Released

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 2 Firmware 2.043B Released
From: Steven Kline <skline4@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 19:38:59 -0500
I have read most of the threads on this release and get the NR sidetone issues
and feedback on popping.

Bothering me is I'm not seeing any comments on the audio distortion (I'm
hearing) that is present for both ssb & cw audio when the NR function is in
play, regardless of NR setting (1-9).  Perhaps I am having another problem or
issue in my radio??  Is this thread considering the term sidetone to be
inclusive of all audio coming out of the radio?  Sidetone to me is the audible
indication of a CW signal as the operator sends.

Thanks
Steve - W5JK