[TenTec] Omni VII - DXLab Commander, Bandspread, comm problem

To: "DXLab Group" <dxlab@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VII - DXLab Commander, Bandspread, comm problem
From: "CSM\(r\) Gary Huber" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 12:00:12 -0500
I have been experiencing the following problem with my OMNI VII only while
using the PC's mousewheel to QSY the O7 while the mouse is on the Bandspread
screen of Commander IV:

No matter what band or mode the radio is in, after 1 click or 100 clicks of the
mouse wheel, the O7 QSYs to 54 MHz or in some cases 100 Hz (upper and lower
frequency limits).

All other Commander functions (and those of the other DXLab Suite modules)
operate the O7 as they should.

Occasionally (infrequently) Bandspread and the mousewheel QSY of the O7 is
absolutely unbreakable. When this is the case, if the O7 is turned off, the
Bandspread is unresponsive (grays out) until the O7 is turned back on.

MSComm32 is suspect, but I have no way of testing it. I believe this DLL may
not be initiating properly for the 57600 data rate in Bandspread. See
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa259393(VS.60).aspx for details.

Anyone else have the problem? Do you have a fix or work around?

Best regards,

CSM(r) Gary Huber - AB9M
9679 Heron Bay Rd
Bloomington, IL 61705