Re: [TenTec] more oscilloscope questions

To: "J. W. (Dub) Thornton" <dub@atlinkwifi.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] more oscilloscope questions
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 17:20:11 -0500
The manuals (service and user) for the HP1745 are on line at:
http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/techSupport.jspx?pid=1745A%3Aepsg%3Apro&pageMode=MN&cc=US&lc=eng&pselect=SR.PM-Find%20by%20Product%20Model%20Number%20-%20Manuals.Manuals

As for those shopping, I've found it really handy when looking for
complex machinery (like a farm tractor, or planter) to acquire the
manual first, then when I shop after studying the manual I can know more
than the seller and exercise the equipment better before buying.

The HP 1740 manual is at:
http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/techSupport.jspx?pid=1740A%3Aepsg%3Apro&pageMode=MN&cc=US&lc=eng&pselect=SR.PM-Find%20by%20Product%20Model%20Number%20-%20Manuals.Manuals

Tek isn't as friendly without signing in with a serial number which
makes manual study before purchase difficult without PAYING for the
manual. There have been quite a number of scopes, lately mostly digital
since the 465 and 1740 were competing for the market. For RF work I
still prefer the analog scope because things don't often repeat for a
sampling scope that expects repetitive signals to grab properly.

There are probably tutorials available from Tek and HP/Agilent on use of
the analog scopes that go into detail on how to calibrate and how to
show waveforms.

73, Jerry, K0CQ