Re: [TenTec] more oscilloscope questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] more oscilloscope questions
From: "Charles Strickland" <wa4oss@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 15:53:18 -0400
I have attempted to avoid this continuing subject.  However after reading the
post by Stuart Rohre, I could not resist.  I think he may have hit on the area
of intent for the original question/post.

I have used the scopes of the fifties, sixties and current. Beginning with RCA,
Eico, Dumont, Heathkit and going on to Tektronix 524D, 535, 310, 922, 460
series, 5000 and 7000 series and the later less expensive 2200 series and TDS
series.  I currently own an Instek GDS 2202 digital and a LG OS5060A analog.

The high end scope would be great, however it will cost more, probably can't
easily be repaired or be too costly for same.  Also is more scope than this
person seemed to desire.  I like Stuart have found many good buys in scopes
from 20 to 100mhz, and in several brands.  I found the lesser expensive Tek
2000 series to be quite good for applications the typical amateur should
require.

I hope the person that started this can find a satisfactory scope for his
purpose, learn and move on to more scope if deemed necessary.