Re: [TenTec] Orion with Interface

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion with Interface
From: Rsoifer@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 09:36:25 -0400 (EDT)
John,

Depending on what software you're using and what you want it to do, Ten-Tec
 radios can operate digi modes without an interface, using only a
sound-card-to-AUX-port cable that is available from Ten-Tec.  I did RTTY  and
PSK
that way with my Orion II, using MMTTY and Digipan respectively.  I
eventually upgraded to MixW through a US Interface Navigator, because I  wanted
MixW's CAT functions as well as the convenience of the Navigator's  built-in
Winkeyer for CW.  But those are luxuries, not necessities.

73 Ray W2RS

In a message dated 7/23/2010 12:06:06 P.M. GMT Standard Time,