Re: [TenTec] need info on TT Titan III model 417 amp

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] need info on TT Titan III model 417 amp
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 20:47:57 -0500
I don't have a manual on the 417, but if it uses external anode tubes
like the Titan 425, it must have a centrifugal blower that produces 10
or 15 cpm at probably 3/4 or 1" water column pressure. The best muffin
fan will produce .05 or .1" water column pressure. That muffin fan won't
help cool that PA significantly, unless its a HUGE muffin fan. It might
actually restrict the air flow and cause the PA to run hotter. The 425
has a fan speed switch that's set to low for SSB and CW and high for
RTTY. If run on high for SSB and CW it will be noisier, but the air flow
will be greater and so the air will come out cooler.

You might need to adjust the operating position to give more than a 5"
space above the air outlets to keep things cooler above the PA.

73, Jerry, K0CQ