Re: [TenTec] Headphones for ORION I?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Headphones for ORION I?
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 20:56:07 -0400
I understand that.  BUT IN MY VIEW THOSE K-24OS AND  BEYERDYMANIC
DT-770S ARE SOME REALLY EASY TO WEAR CANS... and both have awesome
sound... so if you cannot wear those all day... er... ah...  you are a
difficult customer to sell !    ;-)

BEST HEADSET FOR OPEN AIR USE...  I have a the Sennheiser HMD-45-6 open
air headset and it is FABULOUS - albeit pricey.    If you are looking
for good headphones only, then the Sennheiser open air phones are great.

OR...
Check out the Sennheiser wireless RS-180 -      open air design with comfy
round-the-ear pads.  That gives you the open air, with closed
wrap-around pads, and still good wireless sound.

OR CHECK OUT THE SENNHEISER  RS-130 open air headphones which also have
around-the-ear pads, and are still an open air design.    Very
comfortable and usually can be found for under $100.  Not as good as the
digital models, but plenty good for ham radio  - very light and comfy.
How's this:

http://www.nextag.com/sennheiser-rs-130-wireless-headphones/shop-html

I FIGURED HAMS WOULD PREFER THE CLOSED CUP TYPE as they cut a
substantial amount of ambient noise, such as QRM from cooling fans on
the rig, computer, and linear amp or power supply, and also from XYL and
kids, etc.

UNLESS I misunderstand what you want... I think you want open air but
wrap-around ear pads - not the kind with flat ear pads that pinch the
ears.  Right?