Re: [TenTec] swr

To: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] swr
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 21:18:44 -0500
A 43' vertical is a serious mismatch on 160 and 80, its too short, has a
low radiation resistance and lots of reactance. That makes a tuner run a
high loaded Q and have lots of circulating current in its circuits.

I don't know what is in the $250 box, likely a loading coil with some
sort of switching like a series resonant circuit for each band to select
the right amount of loading coil. There wasn't a manual available for it
on line to learn more.

73, Jerry, K0CQ