Re: [TenTec] Headphones for ORION I?

To: geraldj@weather.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Headphones for ORION I?
From: charles Lewis <s9ss160m@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 10:58:34 -0700 (PDT)
Jerry,

Thanks for your input.  I think I'll fire up my audio signal generator and do
the old parallel variable resistor and a.c. voltmeter test to get an
approximate
reading of the impedance of these headphones.  It could well be that they are
considerably higher than 8 Ohms.  In that case, a transformer certainly would
help.

I always had more than enough sound level when I used these same cheap
headphones with my TS-440S and TS-930.

By the way, I'm a fellow SteppIR user, but mine is just a little fellow - the
two element version.  I obtained it when Martti and Pertti did a small
DXpediton
in Sao Tome.

73,
Charles - KY4P
(ex VOA overseas TX engineer and later station manager)