Re: [TenTec] Looking for "cheap" rig or honest and patient ham

To: <geraldj@weather.net>, "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Looking for "cheap" rig or honest and patient ham
From: "Rick and Karen Bunn" <RRBunn@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 19:42:47 -0400
I would disagree.  If you look around there are a great deal of 'older
radios' available.  I picked up an HW-101 for the asking and only needed
some minor fixes.  I've seen Corsair IIs for sale at great prices and it's
still one of the best performers out there.  I recently picked up a TS-450
at a very good price.  It all depends on what your willing to spend and in
some cases if your willing to do a little trouble shooting to get it on the
air.

Many of the radios that sit unsold at hamfests are ones we would have really
wanted when I got into the hobby in the late 70s.

73 Rick
N4ASX