[TenTec] (no subject)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] (no subject)
From: Art Trampler <atrampler@att.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 06:19:13 -0700 (PDT)
Hi All,

I think the best thing to do is let Dave come up with the funds himself.  Two
of you made wonderful offers on Tritons, which brought me back to my first days
as a ham: How I envied W1ON and a few others bouncing along at 70wpm (or
better) with their Tritons around 7.027.

Anybody recall that gang?

I want to clarify something.  I explained to Dave the QSK of the Triton, etc,
but given his desire to serve the MARS system as well, the TS-140S is a better
fit.  I in no way meant my comment (which of course I did not think to check if
it was replying only to Danny!) as a denigration of the Triton, or any sort of
disdain for the wonderful offers made by two of our list members.

So please forgive me if I might have made it sound that way.

I'm just getting to know this fellow--haven't yet had coffee with him.  His dad
is an electrical engineer and he grew up fixing things, learned CW but just
never got around to getting his ticket.  He works in CAD design out here, has
two kids and another due on Thanksgiving.

He's told his XYL it's fine to have the baby on Thanksgiving as long as she's
home in time to serve the turkey.  He lived to recount this story...

There is a local with probably hundreds of feet of window wire, and with his
background, etc, I think Dave can put together a tuner and wind a current
balun.  It'll be a good experience, right?

He's lacking the 20-25 amp power supply, so I will throw this one out there: If
any of you has a 12 volt transformer that would be good for that current, and
you realize you're not likely to build the project you got had in mind or just
picked it up somewhere, please let me know, perhaps off-list.  I'm sure Dave
and I can put together a regulated 13.8 VDC power supply for this.

73,
Art
atrampler@att.net