Re: [TenTec] Electric horse fence

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Electric horse fence
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 10:36:24 -0400
  Yes, I love cabin camping with my Scout.  My favorite antenna is a
dipole made from AN/CRT-3 "Gibson Girl" life raft transmitter antenna
reels. Even though the wire is shiny stranded copper, it is fine enough
so that it is nearly invisible against a forest background.  One can
also make antenna reels for 40 meters and higher bands from the camper's
clotheslines.  Just replace the string with wire.  MIL Spec antenna
reels for bigger wire diameter and longer antennas are still available
online form Army Surplus Warehouse (along with real magnetic
headphones). I have an 80 meter dipole made from MIL "reeling machines"
in my doomsday kit.

Portable antennas are fun to make and use and they can be tailored for
specific needs. I prefer high visibility wire for Field Day and setups
in public places, but low-visibility wire for camping.

                     73,

                     Bob WB2VUF