[TenTec] Question for Techies, cont'd.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Question for Techies, cont'd.
From: John Rippey <w3uls73@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 19:48:10 -0400
Dr.. Johnson, many thanks for the information responding to my question
about DNR variations. It covers exactly what I was looking for.

I own a Carver preamp that is 25 years old and contains Bob Carver's
"autocorrelation" circuitry, which does a very good job
of reducing noise from LPs, etc. I was wondering if Carver could do it 25
years ago for vinyl discs, why can't today's transceivers excel in that
department? You've answered the question.

My interest is principally atmospheric noise, but since I'm in a city, those
other noise generators come into play as well. The "holy grail" is certainly
what I was seeking. Again, thanks for the education.

73,

John, W3ULS