Re: [TenTec] installing ladder line

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] installing ladder line
From: "Rick - NJ0IP / DJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 18:17:55 -0600
In other words, do it like our shop teacher used to tell us:  "Round every
corner"!

What happens if you don't.

For many years I ran an openwire fed doublet, about 130 ft. total length.
I fed it with the brown 450 Ohm ladderline.
I came away from the feedpoint for about 40 feet, then bent it around an
insulator (guyed the insulator off to a tree), and the feedline had about a
110 to 120 degrees bend.
It was the only way I could easily physically solve my problem.

The results:  worked  just fine.  I didn't notice any radiation in the shack
or any negative results.  There may have been, especially in theory, but the
thing just worked.

73
Rick