Re: [TenTec] installing ladder line

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] installing ladder line
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 03:20:30 -0600
Trouble with introducing a balun is that sometimes ladder line is used
to allow a wide tuning range and so there can be a wild set of
impedances and SWR on the ladder line that the balun can't handle from
160 through 10m. One time tuning a tuner with a balun attached, I found
I had tuned the balun so that the tuning and input SWR didn't change
with the ladder line disconnected. That's not healthy for the balun or
for getting a signal radiated.

73, Jerry, K0CQ