Re: [TenTec] installing ladder line

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] installing ladder line
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 10:14:00 +0000
Jerry,

That shouldn't happen with a well-designed 1:1 Guanella Balun, which is
the preferred choice for wide-band, wide-impedance-excusion,
applications. Unlike a  4:1 Guanella balun or 4:1 Ruthroff balun, the
core flux in a 1:1 Guanella balun is not determined directly by the load
impedance / differential-mode voltage.

Here's an example of what I mean by a well designed 1:1 Guanella balun:
http://www.balundesigns.com/servlet/the-98/isolation-choke-balun-common/Detail

73,
Steve G3TXQ