Re: [TenTec] Orion I, reduced output power ???

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion I, reduced output power ???
From: "Roland Anders" <roland.anders@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 15:16:52 -0500
I have this or a similar problem with my Orion I, but only on bands on freqs
above 18 MHz.  AS I turn up the power the red ALC light comes on and the
power meter gives a little "bounce" and the power stops increasing.  How
much power depends on the band.  TenTec service people just say "reboot" and
if that doesn't work wiggle all the connectors inside, and if that doesn't
work, send it to us.