Re: [TenTec] OT: Indoor Antenna

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Indoor Antenna
From: kf6e@mail.com
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 10:16:20 -0500
Jim,

Sounds like good advice.

 I laid out some ground radials in the back yard and installed a mount for my
screwdriver vertical.  I put that up after dark some evenings, and can work 80
and 160.  Interestingly, the attic dipoles do better on send and receive for 40
through 10.  The screwdriver vertical does pretty well on 80, and reasonably
well on 6 and 2.

I have been considering an S9-type vertical, which, being longer, should be
more efficient than the screwdriver.  I'm fairly sure I'd never get away with a
beam, though.  My neighbors complain about just about anything, and there is
even a committee of the HOA that goes around the entire development every week
looking for discrepancies.

Thanks for the encouragement.

73,
Frank