Re: [TenTec] OT: Indoor antenna

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Indoor antenna
From: Jim Lowman <jmlowman@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 15:50:48 -0800
A couple of things come to mind, Rick.  Probably more often than not,
the XYL has a lot to say about which house to buy that may or may not
take the OM's hobby into consideration.  Having a wife who is herself a
ham may be an advantage.

Also, at least here in soCal, it's becoming more and more difficult to
buy a new home that doesn't have deed restrictions.  Odd that these
restrictions don't expire when the last house in the development is
sold, at which point common sense would dictate that the developer no
longer has an interest in the project.  If there's an HOA, all bets are off.

This is one reason that we've opted to stay where we are until we
retire.  I have a vertical up on the high point over the garage, and it
does about as well as expected.  Also, with a 60' x 100' lot, a couple
of 50-60' pine trees in the back yard and about a 70' palm tree out
front, there's lots of room for wire antennas.

73 de Jim - AD6CW

On 11/29/2010 1:05 PM, Rick - NJ0IP / DJ0IP wrote:
> Rob, yours was the very best post so far.
>
> I can understand when someone becomes a ham and lives in a house with
> restrictions, but I can't understand why a ham would buy a house with
> restrictions.
>
> <snip>
73