Re: [TenTec] Rhombics

To: ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Rhombics
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 16:14:56 -0500
We used a steerable two Beverage array  (receive only) for the 160 M SSB
contest last Feb, and it was fabulous.  I would not want to transmit on
that.  Final results... 5th place in North America and First in Section
8.  (We had as many contacts as some of the others, but guys on the East
Coast with multipliers to EU killed us...)

The steerable Beverage array was a wonderful receiving antenna - we
could null off direction signals, and focus on the immediate contact we
were taking at the moment - a very helpful tool dealing with the pileups.

We used a tower as a vertical transmitting antenna, which worked great.

I doubt if I will ever have either of those on my suburban lot.